The photo depicts a large group of people at all ages in a carnival hall decorated with hanging streamers. As described by the owner of the photo it shows a mixed choir working at the church in Wilkowyja. The choir used to perform for every parochial celebration. Each year, at the end of the Carnival, there were dancing parties organized for the members of the group so-called “śpiewoki” (the dialect name for a group of singers). These parties took place - just as all other parties at that time – at the Jan Gogolkiewicz tavern, the central spot of the village. Carnival 1936, Wilkowyja Village near Jarocin, Kalisz voivodeship ; The photo sent to the contest “Photography of the Polish village pre-1948” organized in 1983 by the quarterly “Fotografia” (Photography) and the weekly „Nowa Wieś” (New village). The copy of the photo in the possession of the Institute of Archeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (former Institute of the History of Material Culture).