Object

[“Dzik” partisan troop] [An iconographic document]
This publication is protected and can be accessed only from certain IPs.
This publication is protected and can be accessed only from certain IPs.

Title: [“Dzik” partisan troop] [An iconographic document]

Date issued/created:

[1944]

Resource type:

Image

Description:

The photo depicts a troop of partisans in front of the barn. It shows a group of young men in different dresses (some of them in military uniforms, some in civil dresses), some with weapons. There is an inscription on the back of the photo: “The partisan troop named “Dzik” [Boar] under the command of the lieutenant (…) “Władysław” [Ladislav] (a pseudonym), in the photo he stands third from the left). The entire troop fell in an unequal battle with Germans on November 24th 1944 in the village of Szwejki Duże in the former Stara Wieś Community, Rawa Mazowiecka district. The photo was taken by an amateur photographer (a name unknown) at the barn on quarters i. e. in the farmer's house. This farmer also died from a bullet during this battle, fought over the siege of the troops in his farm" ; The photo sent to the contest named “Photography of the Polish village pre-1948” organized in 1983 by the quarterly “Fotografia” (Photography) and the weekly “Nowa Wieś” (New village). Copy of the photo kept at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (former Institute for the History of Material Culture)

Detailed Resource Type:

Photography

Format:

application/pdf

Resource Identifier:

oai:rcin.org.pl:1608

Source:

IAiE PAN, call no. 20-10

Rights:

Rights Reserved - Restricted Access

Terms of use:

Copyright-protected material. Access only on terminals at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences, may be used within the limits of statutory user freedoms.

Digitizing institution:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Original in:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Projects co-financed by:

Programme Innovative Economy, 2010-2014, Priority Axis 2. R&D infrastructure ; European Union. European Regional Development Fund