Object

[Participants of a training course for women] [An iconographic document]
This publication is protected by copyright. Access to its digital version is possible on computer terminals in the institution that shares it.
This publication is protected by copyright. Access to its digital version is possible on computer terminals in the institution that shares it.

Title: [Participants of a training course for women] [An iconographic document]

Date issued/created:

[1936]

Resource type:

Obraz

Description:

The photo depicts a large group of women presenting their handicrafts - that is embroidered tablecloths and pillows - to the camera. Some of the women are dressed in aprons and bonnets, others are dressed in ordinary everyday clothes. The majority of the women are standing behind a tall table, on which the presented handicrafts are laid out. In the foreground, there are seven women dressed in coats and hats holding handbags in their hands; they are sitting in front of the table. According to the photo's owner, it depicts participants of an embroidery and cookery course organised by the Country Women Association from the village of Łubowo near Gniezno. Standing first from the left at the bottom of the picture are: Prakseda (...) and her mother Stanisława (...) - grandmother and great grandmother of the photo's owner. The photo was taken in the house of (...) in Łubowo, where meetings of the Country Women Association used to take place; and was taken by Zakład Powiększeń Artystyczno-Malarskich [the Workshop of Artistic and Painter's Enlargements] from Gniezno. The course instructor was Miss (...) from Gniezno. On the back of the photo there is the following inscription: "(...) Łubowo, Falkowo post office, Gniezno district" and the following stamp: "Nowoczesna Fotografja „ALMICHT”, Specjalny Zakład Powiększeń Artystyczno-Malarskich, [Modern Photography "Almicht", Special Workshop of Artistic and Painter's Enlargements], Gniezno, Moniuszki Street number 1" ; The photo sent to the contest named “Photography of the Polish village pre-1948” organized in 1983 by the quarterly “Fotografia” (Photography) and the weekly “Nowa Wieś” (New village). Copy of the photo kept at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (former Institute for the History of Material Culture) ; November 1936, Łubowo / Gniezno

Detailed Resource Type:

Photography

Format:

application/pdf

Resource Identifier:

oai:rcin.org.pl:17028

Source:

IAiE PAN, call no. 188-1

Rights:

Rights Reserved - Restricted Access

Terms of use:

Copyright-protected material. Access only on terminals at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences, may be used within the limits of statutory user freedoms.

Digitizing institution:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Original in:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Projects co-financed by:

Programme Innovative Economy, 2010-2014, Priority Axis 2. R&D infrastructure ; European Union. European Regional Development Fund

Access:

Closed