Object

This publication is protected and can be accessed only from certain IPs.
This publication is protected and can be accessed only from certain IPs.

Title: [A stone tower with a conical roof] [An iconographic document]

Creator:

[Bogdanowicz, Mikołaj]

Date issued/created:

[ca 1914-1918]

Resource Type:

Photography

Description:

The photograph shows a stone tower with small window openings at the height of the second floor and a conical roof covered with tiles. A picket at the top of the tower ends with a ball. The building gives the impression of the historic and very well cared for. From the top floor hang plant shoots. A picture does not allow to a clear statement about the purpose of the building. A tower stands on a street and a sidewalk, which goes woman in a white headscarf with a bucket in her hand ; The author of the photograph was the father of the photo owner. He was an engineer - building roads and bridges (a specialization in the former KK Austria), Mikołaj Bogdanowicz. During the 1st World War, as a native of Galicia, he was appointed to the Austrian army. In this army he was the commander of three companies of engineers, one of whom was Jewish company. The area of its operation was Volhynia and partially Podolia, where during many months of "stopping" of the front he was building trenches, roads, bridges, etc. ; the period of 1st World War, around Rivne (Volhynia, now Ukraine) ; The photo sent to the contest named “Photography of the Polish village pre-1948” organized in 1983 by the quarterly “Fotografia” (Photography) and the weekly “Nowa Wieś” (New village). Copy of the photo kept at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (former Institute for the History of Material Culture)

Format:

application/pdf

Resource Identifier:

oai:rcin.org.pl:45381

Source:

IAiE PAN, call no. 233A-58

Rights:

Rights Reserved - Restricted Access

Terms of use:

Copyright-protected material. Access only on terminals at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences, may be used within the limits of statutory user freedoms.

Digitizing institution:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Original in:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Projects co-financed by:

Programme Innovative Economy, 2010-2014, Priority Axis 2. R&D infrastructure ; European Union. European Regional Development Fund