Object

This publication is protected by copyright. Access to its digital version is possible on computer terminals in the institution that shares it.
This publication is protected by copyright. Access to its digital version is possible on computer terminals in the institution that shares it.

Title: [Three women] [An iconographic document]

Creator:

[Bogdanowicz, Mikołaj]

Date issued/created:

[ca 1914-1918]

Resource type:

Obraz

Description:

The photograph shows three young women. One of them, on the left, wears a small white hat and is dressed in a white blouse and a long dark skirt. A second one is standing in the middle, is wearing a white shirt, a dark jacket and a skirt. The woman on the right is holding in his hands a large, dark hat, and is dressed in a white shirt and a bright skirt. The girls are standing against the background of lush vegetation ; The author of the photograph was the father of the photo owner. He was an engineer - building roads and bridges (a specialization in the former KK Austria), Mikołaj Bogdanowicz. During the 1st World War, as a native of Galicia, he was appointed to the Austrian army. In this army he was the commander of three companies of engineers, one of whom was Jewish company. The area of its operation was Volhynia and partially Podolia, where during many months of "stopping" of the front he was building trenches, roads, bridges, etc. ; the period of 1st World War, Podolia, now Ukraine ; The photo sent to the contest named “Photography of the Polish village pre-1948” organized in 1983 by the quarterly “Fotografia” (Photography) and the weekly “Nowa Wieś” (New village). Copy of the photo kept at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (former Institute for the History of Material Culture)

Detailed Resource Type:

Photography

Format:

application/pdf

Resource Identifier:

oai:rcin.org.pl:45603

Source:

IAiE PAN, call no. 233A-153

Rights:

Rights Reserved - Restricted Access

Terms of use:

Copyright-protected material. Access only on terminals at the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences, may be used within the limits of statutory user freedoms.

Digitizing institution:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Original in:

Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences

Projects co-financed by:

Programme Innovative Economy, 2010-2014, Priority Axis 2. R&D infrastructure ; European Union. European Regional Development Fund

Access:

Closed