Place of publishing:
Type of object:
Subject and Keywords:
It has been found (Grüm 1962) that the areas of occurrence of imagines and larvae of the same species do not completely coincide. In this work it has been stated that fluctuations in density of imagines of Carabidae are considerable in that part of their living area in which larvae live, and are connected with the abundance of the new population of adult insects. These fluctuations are slight in that part of the imagines' living space in which larvae do not occur, probably as a result of the reduction in the new generation of imagines emigrating from the zone in which larvae occur.
1. Drift, J. van der, 1959 - Field studies on the surface fauna of forests - Meded. Inst. Toegep. biol. Onderz. Nat. 41: 79-103.
2. Grüm, L. 1962 - Horizontal distribution of larvae and imagines of some species of Carabidae - Ekol. Pol. A, 10: 7 3-84.
3. Grüm, L. 1965 - The significance of the migration rate of individuals in the regulation of intensity of penetration of the habitat by populations of two species of the Carabidae - Ekol. Pol. A, 13: 575-591.
4. Grüm, L. 1966 – Diurnal activity rhythm of starved Carabidae - Bull. Acad. Pol. Sci. Cl. II, 14: 405-411.
5. Heydemann, B. 1953 - Agrarokologische Problematik, dargetan an Untersuchungen über die Tierwelt der Bodenoberflache der Kulturfelder – Diss. Kiel.
6. Kaczmarek, M., Kaczmarek, W. 1956 - O metodyce badań zoocenotycznych w zakresie zbiorów ilościowych naziemnej fauny bezkręgowców –E kol. Pol. B, 2: 131-136.
7. Kaczmarek, W. 1963 - An analysis of interspecific competition in communities of soil macrofauna of some habitats in the Kampinos National Park - Ekol. Pol. A, 11: 421-483.
8. Larsson, S. G. 19 39 - Entwicklungstypen und Entwicklungszeiten der danischen Carabiden - Ent. Medd. 20: 27 3-560.
9. Murdoch, W. W. 1966 - Population stability and life history phenomena - Amer. Nat. 100: 5-11.
10. Thiele, H-U ., Kolbe, W. 1962 - Beziehungen zwischen bodenbewohnenden Käfern und Pflanzengesellschaften in Wäldern - Pedobiologia, 1: 157-173.
Detailed Resource Type:
Language of abstract:
Projects co-financed by:
Operational Program Digital Poland, 2014-2020, Measure 2.3: Digital accessibility and usefulness of public sector information; funds from the European Regional Development Fund and national co-financing from the state budget.