Introductory studies on numbers and energetics of Orthoptera ; Numbers and energetics of Orthoptera ; Badania produktywności dwóch typów łąk w dolinie Wisły. 5, Wstępne badania nad liczebnością i energetyką Otrhoptera
Place of publishing:
Type of object:
Subject and Keywords:
In this paper the dynamics of numbers of Orthoptera population was studied and energy budget of the dominant species, Chorthippus montanus ( Charp.) (Acrididae) was determined. Measurements covered the consumption, biomass increase, quantity of dismissed faeces, and food assimilation of last larval instars and imaginal stage of the species. Attention was paid to effect which culture conditions, sex, and developmental stage may have on the mentioned parameters.
1. Andrzejewska, L., Wójcik, Z. 1970 - The influence of Acridoidea on the primary production of a meadow (field experiment) - Ekol. Pol. 18: 89-109.
2. Chłodny, J. 1969 - The energetics of larval development of two species of grasshoppers from genus Chorthippus Fieh. - Ekol. Pol. A, 17: 391-407.
3. Davey, P. M. 1954 - Quantities of food eaten by the deserts locust Schistocerca gregaria (Forsk.) in relation to growth - Bull. Ent. Res. 45: 539-551.
4. Gangwere, S. K. 1960 - The feeding and culturing Orthoptera in the laboratory - Ent. News 71: 1-2.
5. Gyllenberg, G. 1969 - The energy flow through a Chorthippus parallelus (Zett.) (Orthoptera) population on a meadow in Tvarminne, Finland - Acta zool. Fennica, 123: 1-74.
6. Kaufmann, T. 1965 - Biological studies on some Bavarian Acridoidea (Orthoptera) with special reference to their feeding habits - Ann. Ent. Soc. Amer. 58: 791-801.
7. Petrusewicz, K. 1967 - Concept in studies on secondary productivity of terrestrial ecosystems (Secondary productivity of terrestrial ecosystems. Ed. K. Petrusewicz) - Warszawa-Kraków, 17-50 pp.
8. Traczyk. T. 1966 - Plant communities of Strzeleckie Meadows in Kampinos Forest - Ekol. Pol. A, 14: 185-199.
9. Traczyk, T. 1968 - Studies on the primary production in meadow community - Ekol. Pol. A, 16: 59-100.
10. Wiegert, R. G. 1965 - Energy dynamics of the grasshoppers population in old field and alfa-alfa field ecosystems - Oikos, 16: 161-176.
Detailed Resource Type:
Language of abstract:
Projects co-financed by:
Operational Program Digital Poland, 2014-2020, Measure 2.3: Digital accessibility and usefulness of public sector information; funds from the European Regional Development Fund and national co-financing from the state budget.