Time of embryonic (Te), larval (Tl), and whole postembryonic (Tp) development as well as body weight at pupal stage have been examined in Tribolium castaneum Hbst and T. confusum Duval. Te is strongly correlated with Tt as well as with Tp. The 6- and 7-instar individuals differing in respect of Tl and weight, show however no evident difference in Te so that the correlation seems to be independent of the instar-diversity in populations. No dependence between Te and weight of pupae has been observed. There is a tendency towards positive correlation between Tl and weight in whole populations, however both 6-instar and 7-instar groups of individuals, considered separately, show a tendency towards negative correlation (R).
1. Bijok P. 1986 – On heterogeneity in bIV strain of Tribolium confusum Duval – Ekol. pol. 34: 87-93.
2. Bijok P. 1989 – A set of methods for distinguishing between "6- and 7-instar individuals" in Tribolium populations – Tribolium lnf. Bull., San Bernardino USA, 29: 56-59.
3. Howe R. W. 1961 – Developmental time and weight in Tribolium castaneum – Tribolium lnf. Bull., San Bernardino USA, 4: 21-22.
4. Imura O. 1990 – Life histories of stoed-product insects (In: Bruchids and Legumes: Economics, Ecology and Coevolution. Eds. K. Fujii) – Kluwer Academic Publishers Netherlands, 257-269.
5. Moller H., Smith R. H., SibIy R. M. 1989a – Evolutionary demography of bruchid beetle. I. Quantitative genetical analysis of the female life history – Functional Ecology 3: 679-681.
6. Moller H., Smith R. H., SibIy R. M. 1989b – Evolutionary demography of bruchid beetle. II. Physiological manipulations – Functional Ecology 3: 683-691.
7. Park T., Mertz D. B., Petrusewicz K. 1961 – Genetic strains of Tribolium: Their primary characteristics.- Physiol. Zool. 34: 62-80.
8. Prus T. 1976 - On heterogeneity in cI strain of Tribolium castaneum Hbst – Tribolium lnf. Bull., San Bernardino USA, 19: 97-104.
9. Prus T., Bijok P., Prus M. 1989 – Autecological features of strains: Tribolium castaneum Hbst cI and T. confusum Duval bIV – Ekol. pol. 37: 97-107.
10. Prus T., Prus M. 1987 – Phenotypic differentiation of Tribolium castaneum Hbst. cI strain – Tribolium lnf. Bull., San Bernardino USA, 27: 89-95.
11. Prus T., Prus M. 1990 – Intrapopulation differentiation of Tribolium castaneum Hbst cIV and T. confusum Duval bI – Tribolium lnf. Bull., San Bernardino USA, 30: 79-87.
12. Prus M., Prus T., Bijok P. 1988 – Comparative study of reproductive effort in two species of Tribolium – Tribolium lnf. Bull., San Bernardino USA, 28: 76-81.
13. Sibly R. M. CaIow P. 1989 – A life-cycle theory of responses to stress – Biol. J. Linnean Soc. 37: 101-116.
14. Sokoloff A. 1972 – The biology of Tribolium with special emphasis on genetic aspects. Vol. I – Oxford University Press, Oxford, 300 pp.
Operational Program Digital Poland, 2014-2020, Measure 2.3: Digital accessibility and usefulness of public sector information; funds from the European Regional Development Fund and national co-financing from the state budget.
Oct 2, 2020
Sep 30, 2019
Prus, Mirosława Prus, Tadeusz B.
Prus, Tadeusz Bijok, Paweł Prus, Mirosława